Security: Police deploys over 900 personnel to strategic places in Zamfara
NNN: The Police Command in Zamfara has deployed 977 personnel made up of combined security forces to strategic points across the state as part of its efforts to tackle insecurity.
Nagogo said security agencies in the state in collaboration with the state government had resolved to approach the state’s security by using the carrot and stick approach.
He said that the resultant effect of this approach was that for the first time hundreds of captives were released and hundreds of sophisticated weapons voluntarily surrendered by bandits.
Nagogo added that hundreds of locally made weapons were recovered from some members of the local militia group popularly known as Yansakai.
According to him, the state government requested for more personnel of the mobile police force, who were used along with the military to curtail the activities of unrepentant bandits.
“As I am talking to you now, we have combined forces of 80 well-armed personnel in Bindin, 145 personnel in Mashayar Zaki/Yartasha, 75 personnel in Mayanchi, 65 personnel in Kwantaragi of Maru LGA, 147 personnel in Akawo, 63 personnel in Kwali.
“Other stations are Sauna – 63 personnel; Gemawa 30 personnel, 82 personnel in Sakajiki, 127 personnel in Kurar Mota, as well as 100 personnel of the Special Forces being used in case of any threat.
“It is worthy to note that all these personnel posted to these places are being paid their allowances, feeding and any other entitlements that may crop up from time to time by the Zamfara State Government.
“There are also hundreds of personnel that are on standby to be deployed to other vulnerable areas in the state,” the Police commissioner said.
Edited By: Oluyinka Fadare/Bayo Sekoni
- NGO tasks media on championing basic education rights in Kaduna
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara