Last evening, Special Envoy Ján Kubiš had a substantive telephone interview with President-appointed by the Presidency Council, Mr. Mohammed al-Manfi, and discussed the way forward for holding a session of confidence vote of the House of Representatives. He reaffirmed the Security Council’s support for the results of the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum.
On February 9, the President of the Security Council issued a statement in which he said: “The Security Council welcomes the agreement reached by the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum (LPDF) on a new unified interim executive authority responsible for to lead the country to elections. ”
The Security Council also called on the interim executive authority to quickly agree on the formation of a new inclusive government, as outlined in the roadmap approved by the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum in Tunis, and to make the necessary preparations before the national presidential and parliamentary elections scheduled for December 24, 2021. The Security Council further asked the interim executive authority to improve services and launch a comprehensive process of national reconciliation. (Full statement by the President of the Security Council: https://bit.ly/2ZD0j9o).
As part of his outreach efforts to the Libyan parties to accelerate and secure the implementation of the LPDF roadmap and assist Libya in establishing the new interim executive authority, the Special Envoy today met members of the Constitutional Drafting Assembly. They informed him of their work and noted that they had completed their task in July 2017. The Special Envoy then discussed with them the necessary arrangements to be adopted by the respective Libyan authorities for the holding of general elections on December 24, 2021, which would end. the transition period of several years, allow Libyans to elect their representatives and restore democratic legitimacy and unify their institutions.
- The Qhubeka ASSOS team excites by igniting the Samyn
- Club Swan offers an alternative solution to buy crypto in Africa
- WFP calls for solution to fuel shortages in Yemen threatening to worsen widespread food insecurity
- Health center rehabilitated, mobile clinics deployed to support the refugee crisis in eastern Sudan
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (March 1, 2021)
- Statement by UNICEF Nigeria Representative Peter Hawkins on the release of abducted schoolgirls in Jangebe, Zamfara State, Nigeria
- UNHCR to relocate thousands of Central African refugees to safer places
- Rising violence in Nigeria drives displacement to Niger
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (March 1, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Sierra Leone: Chinese Ambassador Hu Zhangliang presents COVID-19 vaccines to President of Sierra Leone Julius Maada Bio