United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres discussed measures to restore peace in Yemen during a telephone conversation with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif, Iran‘s Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry revealed this on Twitter after the call, which took place on Tuesday evening. “During the phone call, Guterres explained the latest UN measures to end the war in #Yemen, achieve a just peace and start political talks in the Arab country. the country.
“He also called on the Islamic Republic of Iran to continue its strenuous efforts to help establish peace in Yemen,” the ministry said. Zarif, in turn, expressed Tehran’s support for UN efforts to establish a just peace in Yemen, and stressed the need. to end the war, lift the blockade and provide humanitarian aid to the Yemeni people.
Yemen is grappling with an internal conflict between the pro-Iranian Houthi movement and government forces, which are led by President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi and supported by the coalition of states led by Saudi Arabia. (Sputnik / NAN)
I like loading …
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3ybT
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Video: Review of the activities of the NNPC from April 12 to April 18, 2021
- 10,000 blind to get free electronic canes
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Road users hail FG’s road projects in the South West
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Lecturer of ECOWAS, Tunis receives a doctorate from Alma Mater
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 17, 2021)
- Sheffield United relegated from EPL after loss to Wolves