By Ginika Okoye
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will discuss issues relating to the implementation of the financial technology roadmap to the market at its next committee meeting.
A statement from the commission in Abuja on Sunday said the 2021 Capital Market Committee (CMC) meeting would also discuss the 10-year market master plan.
The commission said the virtual meeting was scheduled for April 15-16.
He added that attendees would include CEOs of all listed capital market companies such as brokers / dealers, investment advisers and custodians.
The other participants are fund / portfolio managers, receiving banks, issuing houses, rating agencies, registrars, reporting accountants, trustees and capital market consultants.
“The CMC was created primarily to serve as a medium for the exchange of ideas between market players.
“It’s also a way to provide feedback to the SEC on how to continually address challenges, improve market operations, and strengthen the regulatory framework.
“This is a sectoral committee comprising members of the SEC, representatives of financial market operators and trade groups and other stakeholders,” he said.
The SEC unveiled the 10-year plan in 2014 and continued to implement initiatives to reposition the country’s capital market as an attractive investment destination. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJM
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel