Sales rep jailed 18 months for misappropriating employer’s N1.3m
NNN: A Kubwa Grade I Area Court sentenced a 32-year-old sales representative, Idoko Sunday to 18 months imprisonment for misappropriating his employer’s N1.3 million.
Sunday was convicted and sentenced after pleading guilty to criminal breach of trust, cheating and misappropriation.
He begged the court for leniency.
The Judge, Mr Muhammad Adamu, gave Sunday an option to pay a fine of N30, 000 and ordered him to pay the complainant, Mr Akinsola Opeyemi N1.3million.
The judge warned the convict to desist from crimes.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, John Okpa told the court that the complainant reported the case at the Divisional Headquarters Byazhin, Abuja on June 15.
Okpa said that Sunday, who worked directly under the complainant at the MULTIPPO Consumer Product Limited, Kubwa Express way, stole various products from the company’s warehouse.
The prosecution counsel said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 312, 320 and 309 of the Penal Code.
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss