By Ikenna Osuoha
The fund’s media associate, Hajiya Kori Habib, said this in a statement to the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) in Abuja on Wednesday.
Habib, who said WGSS was a vehicle for meeting and interaction aimed at restoring lost trust, added that “Women and Girls Safe Space also provides a platform through which women and girls meet on a daily basis. .
“It’s a safe enough place for women and girls to make friends, have fun, discuss their concerns and needs.
“It is also a sufficiently conducive environment to acquire skills and obtain information on various issues such as gender-based violence (GBV), HIV / AIDS, reproductive health, hygiene and sanitation.
The media associate, who reiterated the UN body’s commitment to protect women and girls, explained that safe spaces, created in many states to allow women and girls to freely express their feelings. thoughts and exchanging ideas on things of their own, were operated between 8 am and 4 pm on weekdays.
She noted that “UNFPA has trained and deployed the front lines of GBV and sexual and reproductive health in these locations through the Ministry of Women’s Affairs and Social Development to ensure sustainability, managed with strict adherence. COVID-19 protocols.
“During these sessions, general information about GBV, SRH, HIV / AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and menstrual hygiene is provided to women and girls.
“The team is made up of two frontline psychosocial support counselors who run group sessions with up to 60 participants per week.
“On average, around 160 people are reached during these sessions in a secure space per month. “
Habib explained that the dissemination of information was handled by community mobilizers who provided information about GBV through door-to-door visits.
According to her, the information dissemination sessions focus on types of GBV and the importance of seeking timely care, as well as existing referral pathways. (NAA)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3AFp
- It’s time to change the paradox of sitting by the river and remaining thirsty
- TotalEnergies appoints new chairman
- Buhari expresses sadness over Kano boat accident
- World AIDS Day: Foundation advocates sustainable ficing, end to inequalities
- Court sets aside contempt suit against Nigerian Bottling Company
- FCT secretary assures improved standard of education
- Edo Cricket League: Clubs must own feeder teams as requirement, says Akpata
- Group tasks youths on active participation in politics
- Yahaya Bello presents 2 houses to wives of late police escort
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges