The Russian State Research Center for Virology and Biotechnology Vector has started to develop a new vaccine against the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the form of nasal drops, an official said.
Vector chief executive Rinat Maksyutov said in an interview with Sputnik that the vaccine would help provide immunity just at the “gateway” to infection,
“Yes, we have started to develop a vaccine in the form of drops, an intranasal vaccine.
“The composition of the main active component of the vaccine will remain unchanged (the same as that of the EpiVacCorona vaccine),” Maksyutov said.
The vaccine will help build immunity in the nasal mucous membranes, which can be described as the “gateway” to infection, Maksyutov said. (Sputnik / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yGK
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 update (April 20, 2021)
- China administers more than 200 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine
- AIMS and Baden-Württemberg International (BW_i) organize a virtual conference on digitization and health
- Etisalat and Nokia deliver super-fast 5G broadband services to UAE
- Why we held a public meeting on national security – Lai Mohammed
- Security: the Minister will present the recommendations of the public meeting to the CEN
- Dos and Don’ts for Successful Online Trading
- HOS receives the very first standard operating procedures
- The provision of public services is essential to improving living conditions – SERVICOM