Moscow’s top investigative agency on Tuesday said two men in a car on a city street in central Russia were killed when the asphalt collapsed beneath them into a hot water system.
The Investigative Committee said the vehicle, parked outside a store in the city of Penza, about 600 kilometres South-East of Moscow, plunged into the instantly formed sinkhole filled with hot water.
Media reports said the water was at boiling point.
Investigators released a photo of the car retrieved upside-down from the hole, covered in a billow of steam.
Authorities have opened a criminal case.
Edited by Hadiza Mohammed/Donald Ugwu
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2JBg
- NITDA ensuring a secure cyberspace for national security – DG
- Buhari welcomes former CNN award winner Oshukeye at 65
- Ramadan blessings: Buhari welcomes Nigerien President Bazoum to Iftar
- Manufacturing, the key to job creation – AbdulRazaq
- COVID-19 worsens TB cases in Nigeria – Director
- Abia police command confirms attack on Uzuakoli division post
- 2023: Ebonyi INEC forms OEs for proposed voting units
- Governor Wike urges FG to allow states to develop minerals and pay royalties
- COVID-19: NCDC Performs 1,870,915 Tests, Confirms 70 New Infections