Report on seizure of cash, Rolex watches, inaccurate, concocted-ICPC
NNN: The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has described as inaccurate reports that commission’s raided a property allegedly belonging to former Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai.
This is contained in a statement by the Spokesperson for the ICPC, Mrs Azuka Ogugua, on Friday.
“The attention of the commission has been drawn to some inaccurate and concocted reports in the media about the seizure of multibillion-naira cash, dollars, Rolex watches stockpiled in an Abuja property.
“The commission wishes to state that ICPC operatives raided a property in Wuse II of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja on June 16, in suspicion of money laundering.
“Facts available for the time being indicates that the property is owned by owner of K Salam Construction Company, a military contractor.
“The commission recovered money and other items from the property viz. N175,706,500; 220,965 dollars; G-Wagon; 2022 editions of BMW and Mercedes Benz cars; customized mobile phones; several designer wrist watches, including three Rolexes, and some property documents.
“The commission arrested the Managing Director of K Salam Construction Company Nigeria Limited, Mr Kabiru Sallau and investigation is ongoing.
“The commission is yet to conclude its investigation and prefers not to preempt its outcome and also avoid the frenzy of a media trial, ” the ICPC said.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs