Rep trains, empowers 800 youths, women in Sokoto
NNN: Rep. Ahmad Kalambaina (APC-Sokoto) says he has trained and empowered no fewer than 800 unemployed youths and women in his constituency.
Kalambaina, who represents Wamakko and Kware Federal Constituency at tbe National Assembly, said he extended the gesture to the beneficiaries to reduce unemployment.
He told newsmen in Sokoto on Friday that out of the figure, 100 women were trained in modern block making.
In the same vein, each of them was given a seed capital of N50,000 to start their businesses.
Kalambaina also said that another set of 100 women were also trained on tailoring, with a view to reducing poverty.
He stated that each of them was given a seed capital of N20,000, as well as a sewing machine.
“Two hundred women were also each given grinding machines, with a view to further curbing unemployment.
“Similarly, 200 dry season farmers were each given a water pumping machine to boost food production as well as food security.
“No fewer than 200 unemployed women were each given N20,000 special cash grant under an intervention from the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development,” the lawmaker added.
According to Kalambaina, he distributed over 2,400 bags of assorted fertiliser to dry season farmers to boost food security.
The lawmaker further disclosed that he had sunk 20 boreholes at Gidan Kara, Barkeji, Guiwa low cost and Guiwa Gari, among others.
On education, Kalambaina said he had constructed a block of six classrooms for a primary school in Kalambaina, and a block of two classrooms and furnishing for an Islamiya school in Kware town.
“I have also repaired several boreholes, installed solar-powered street lights and executed an electrification project in Kalambaina town,” he said. (
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss