By Leonard Okachie
Onuigbo made the call during the 2021 annual August General Meeting of Obuohia-Ibere Development Union, National Women’s Wing in Ikwuano Local Government Area of the state.
The lawmaker said that women were critical stakeholder in community development and urged them not to take the backseat but strive to supplement the efforts of the government in developing the society.
While congratulating the women for the success of their August meeting, Onuigbo said that he would continue to support women to do their best for the development of their communities.
Onuigbo, who is a native of Obuohia-Ibere, commended the women for their contributions to the development of the community.
“When women put hands together to contribute to the upbringing of their children, when those children become useful to themselves and their families, by extension they also become useful to the society.
“Therefore, their position is key and we must always support them to realise their task,” he said.
Earlier in her remarks, Mrs Chinyere Sam-Onuigbo, the National President of the group, commended the women for their decades of verifiable accomplishments in all facets of human endeavours.
She said that the only way forward for communities and the world to move forward was for women to get fully involved in all aspects of life.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3BFR
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges
- Bill to regulate administration of sports mooted
- Compact: African Development Bank and IFC Partner to Advance Economic Development in Lusophone African countries
- Lagos govt explains why Nigerian Army intervened during EndSARS protests
- N15 bn cocoa processing plant begins operation in Ondo
- Fighting against drought-induced hunger: FAO provides rural households in Somalia with cash livestock and agricultural support
- ABU, CBN develop national farmers’ database
- Nigerian Navy arrests 5 stowaways at Lagos anchorage
- Woodside Energy Confirms Participation at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
- After media reports, Kano govt unseals chamber of lawyer who secures victory against Ganduje-led APC