By Muhyideen Jimoh
Youth and Sports Development Minister Sunday Dare has tasked the contractor responsible for the rehabilitation of Moshood Abiola Abuja National Stadium to complete the work by June.
The minister gave the accusation in Abuja on Friday after an inspection tour of the work in progress at the facility.
Dare, who said he was satisfied with the quality of the work at the stadium, however stressed the need to accelerate the pace of the work.
“I am satisfied with the progress made so far, the delivery date is now June.
“There are football field tech like this, when you see standard pitches it’s not just sand and grass, but there are downwinds of tech like sprinklers. water, among others.
“We try to do it right so that with the right maintenance we are not drawn to this for another 10 years,” he said.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that Mr. Adeniji Adesoji, executive director of ARON Nigeria Ltd, the contractor responsible for the project, pledged on Monday to conclude the project by May after a delay.
The minister also took advantage of the inspection to take stock of the Nigerian team’s preparation for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
“We are done with the National Sports Festival, now as a country and ministry our eyes are on the Olympics for which we have started a 100 day countdown.
“From there other team members will join them and maybe we will have another camp in Europe,” he said.
Dare argued that preparations for the Olympics have never stopped, even with the effect of COVID-19 and preparations for the National Sports Festival (NSF) which has just ended.
“We will try to maintain a 60-70 day campsite by doubling the 25-30 camping days we had in the past,” added the Minister. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3ySj
- LASG to partner German firm on agribusiness
- Kano Govt to inaugurate waste recycling project, create 4,000 jobs –official
- FG delegation to visit Ghana over Nigerian/Ghanaian traders’ conflict
- NGX opens week upbeat with N59bn growth
- Kwara launches interest-free loans for young entrepreneurs
- Only FG can guarantee financial autonomy for judiciary, says SAN
- FG declares Wednesday, Thursday, as Public Holidays to mark Eid-eI-Fitr celebration
- Army debunks alleged deployment of only Northern officers to S/East
- Buhari congratulates designer of National Flag, Michael Akinkunmi at 85