Ramaphosa’s conviction is contained in a statement issued by the presidency.
“President Cyril Ramaphosa has received with sadness the disturbing news of the death of His Excellency Marshal Idriss Deby Itno, President of the Republic of Chad.
“President Ramaphosa further expressed the South African government’s concern over developments in the Republic of Chad involving Chadian armed groups of concern,” said the presidency.
Ramaphosa called for an end to the violence in this central African country, saying that an immediate end to the violence is necessary to bring peace and stability to the Republic of Chad as part of the end of the conflict on the continent .
“We condemn in the strongest terms the violence that has claimed so many lives, including that of President Deby.
“We call for calm and an end to the fighting,” reads the statement from the South African presidency. (Xinhua / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z3Y
- Osinbajo offers scholarship to gifted physically challenged artist
- PDP may lose 2022 governorship poll in Ekiti, Olujimi warns
- Ekiti Govt to embark on rice pyramid project, targets 1m tonnes
- NEDC initiates 35 projects in Taraba – Official
- Ex-President Jonathan says he won’t use political power to punish people
- Organisation offers free medical services to 300 widows, orphans in FCT
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- Ekiti Govt. repositions technical colleges to boost vocational skills
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 15, 2021)