Ramaphosa’s conviction is contained in a statement issued by the presidency.
“President Cyril Ramaphosa has received with sadness the disturbing news of the death of His Excellency Marshal Idriss Deby Itno, President of the Republic of Chad.
“President Ramaphosa further expressed the South African government’s concern over developments in the Republic of Chad involving Chadian armed groups of concern,” said the presidency.
Ramaphosa called for an end to the violence in this central African country, saying that an immediate end to the violence is necessary to bring peace and stability to the Republic of Chad as part of the end of the conflict on the continent .
“We condemn in the strongest terms the violence that has claimed so many lives, including that of President Deby.
“We call for calm and an end to the fighting,” reads the statement from the South African presidency. (Xinhua / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z3Y
- Video press release: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- APC will take over Rivers Govt House in 2023- State Chairman
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 7, 2021)
- FRSC enjoins passengers to caution reckless drivers
- Coronavirus – Daily update of the state of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 7, 2021)
- Atiku mourns ex-Minister of Women Affairs, Alhassan
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death