By Ishaq Zaki
The Zamfara Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced plans to distribute 130 trucks of a variety of food items to the less privileged in the state, ahead of the Ramadan rapid.
Yari, represented by Senator Kabiru Marafa (APC-Zamfara)said the items included 54 trucks of 50 kg bags of rice, 32 trucks of 50 kg bags of sugar, 22 trucks of corn and 22 trucks of millet.
He said the items would be distributed to the state’s 13 Local Government Zones (LGAs)p>
“Each of the 13 LGAs will receive five trucks comprising two trucks of rice, a truck of sugar, a truck of millet and a truck of corn.
“While Gusau LGA will receive 10 trucks, a total of 75 trailers,” he said.
Yari said the remaining 55 trucks will be distributed to orphans, people with special needs, security agencies, musicians, journalists and social media borders.
According to him, other beneficiaries include party leaders and elders.
“The items were supplied by the party in view of the current inflation of food prices in the country.
“We thank the party leadership in the state and the party members in particular with the recent reconciliation,” he said.
Senator Abba Aji, who represented the APC National Secretariat, congratulated the state leaders for this gesture.
“I congratulate Yari and Marafa for their determination and their reconciliation in the interest of the party,” he said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJZ
- SPDC’s pipeline spills 276 barrels of crude in April – Report
- Gov. Emmanuel donates N60m to families of slain policemen
- Maize farmers promise high produce, urge FG to sustain import ban
- We don’t need war in Nigeria — Ooni of Ife
- LASG to partner German firm on agribusiness
- Kano Govt to inaugurate waste recycling project, create 4,000 jobs –official
- FG delegation to visit Ghana over Nigerian/Ghanaian traders’ conflict
- NGX opens week upbeat with N59bn growth
- Kwara launches interest-free loans for young entrepreneurs