By Usman Aliyu
The rain, which started around 4:45 p.m., forced sports party officials to halt some outdoor games, including swimming and tennis.
Meanwhile, Edo won the gold medal in the six-sided cricket event at the festival labeled Edo 2020.
In addition, Rachael Tonjo, the record holder in the swimming event, won the gold medal for the host state.
Tonjo, who is an Olympian, told the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) that it was her dream to win the most prestigious medal.
“It was my dream throughout the preparation and I am happy that my dream has come true.
“It’s not always easy to train. I have been training for a long time. You know that the matches have suffered several postponements, ”she said.
The gold medalist, who noted that she has represented the country at various international sporting events, said she hopes to win the gold medal at a world sporting event soon.
“I have represented Nigeria at international sporting events like all African games.
“I went to the Olympics as they announced. I was in Brazil in 2016; West African competition.
“My hope for the years to come is to win the gold medal at a world sporting event,” said Tonjo.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yCT
- Group to plant 10,000 trees in FCT
- Death of Deby: AU must find a solution to Chad’s problems – FG
- FCTA identifies SMEs as panacea for economic growth
- Senate pledges to fight rot in education sector
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)
- Forex Restriction: Nigeria Spends $ 6.1 Billion Per Year On Importing Wheat – WFAN
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (April 21, 2021)
- ICT: the Minister seeks the participation of women to promote gender equality
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)