An exciting display of offensive racing saw Team Qhubeka ASSOS (www.TeamQhubeka.com) garner praise for their overall performance at Samyn on Tuesday, Victor Campenaerts taking home the award for most offensive rider of the day for the African UCI WorldTour team.
Despite this, there was some disappointment at the prospect of missing an even better result as sprinter Carlos Barbero was hopelessly unlucky, with a flat tire with just over 5km to go for the high-speed race to the top. final.
After the team played their part in the day’s early breakaway, they infused the race with a series of relentless attacks from the hour-long world record holder Campenaerts, including a last effort a few hundred meters from the finish.
His efforts, thanks to the support of the whole team, coupled with a late push from Lukasz Wisniowski and support from Dimtri Claeys, saw the team fall terribly short of a podium place, but ultimately came out very satisfied with the overall performance of the day.
The race was won in a sprint by Tim Merlier (Alpecin-Fenix)with Claeys finishing eighth, Wisniowski 13th and Campenaerts 16th overall.
We had a very offensive run (today); in a cobblestone race having three riders in the top 16 is a very good performance.
Of course we want to win but I think it’s a very good result. I also received the award for the most attractive runner, so it was a very good day for the team, and we can be proud of our fight and our efforts there.
We had a great day with the whole team and we are happy. We drove really offensively and we were able to deliver a good collective result. Having said that, I think it shows that in the races to come we can still be and become better. We always aim to go even higher and we will do it step by step.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3y9O
- Residents of Kano and Katsina accuse manufacturers of cement price
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Greece lifts quarantine requirement for tourists
- NAFDAC impound vehicle loaded with unhealthy drugs and vaccines
- Afghanistan respects US troop withdrawal – Presidential Aid
- Stepping up vigilance as Africa deploys COVID-19 vaccines
- NOA to organize youth summit in Bauchi state
- IG dissolves surveillance units in Lagos, Port Harcourt
- NSF: Why I took Naija Ratels FC to Benin – Edeh