Spaniard Carlos Barbero will be part of a solid roster named for the Qhubeka ASSOS team challenge (www.TeamQhubeka.com) at Samyn (203.7km) on Tuesday.
Barbero will be joined by Victor Campenaerts and Dimitri Claeys, who both performed very well during Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne, seeking to play an active role in what promises to be another day exciting racing.
The South African duo of Nicholas Dlamini and Reinardt Janse van Rensburg will play important supporting roles on this day, alongside that of Lukasz Wisniowski and Andreas Stokbro, who round out our roster of seven riders.
Le Samyn range [squad numbers]:
- Victor Campenaerts 
- Dimitri Claeys 
- Carlos barbero 
- Nicolas dlamini 
- Reinardt Janse van Rensburg 
- Andreas Stokbro 
- Lukasz Wisniowski 
After a tough opening weekend, the team was solid in the fight and we worked really well together. The feel or feel on the bike has been good and I’m looking forward to another cobblestone race like Samyn.
We hope to be able to perform strong and be with the same philosophy as the previous days, which will see our team play their part in what hopefully will be a great race.
Gino Van Oudenhove – Sporting Director
We’re looking to continue our Cobbled Classics start to the season after a strong performance over the weekend, so we want to do the same at Samyn.
We know from experience that it will be a very hectic race, with a lot of paved sections and a lot of groups spread out on the road accordingly. We’re going to run offensively and see that we have the right numbers in the right groups, and then we get to the final from there.
We don’t really have a leader because they’re all very good, so our thing will be to play several riders that day.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3y8w
- More than 200,000 people return to Zimbabwe as COVID-19 impacts regional economies
- NWFL Super Six: Sunshine Queens beat Edo Queens to stay in contention
- Ondo Electoral Court rejects PDP petition against Governor Akeredolu
- RTS, S malaria vaccine reaches more than 650,000 children in Ghana, Kenya and Malawi with breakthrough pilot program
- Lagos State to Hold LG Poll in July
- CAF Confederation Cup: matches of the fifth day
- More refugees arrive in Chad following recent clashes in the Central African Republic
- MMA2 security personnel return lost bag containing 2.35 m N to passenger
- Japan donates $ 6.5 million to WFP to tackle food insecurity in South Sudan