Gusau made this known while addressing newsmen at the meeting of PTDF National Board of Trustee on the Endowment Programme on Thursday in Abuja.
“One of the things we are planning for quite some time which is at advance stage now is that we are thinking of establishing research laboratories.
“Maybe two of them, maybe more, but for now, if we have facility centralised, researchers all over Nigeria can come and leverage on such facilities to work.
“This is one of the things we are doing and this meeting is going to discuss some of the processes that we need focusing on achieving this,’’ he said.
He said that though funding remained one of the challenges for most institutions, but the Fund would work with what it has.
“So, the important thing is to appreciate what our problem is and decide that the little we have we will allocate to the project,’’ he added
He said that the aim of establishing the laboratory was to bring capacity building to the front burner as the major focus of its mandate.
“And to do this, it requires information and knowledge. The only way you can get knowledge is through continuous research.
“So, at PTDF, we need to dedicate the project across universities in the country,’’ he added.
Gusau, earlier in his opening remarks, charged board members to find the best ways to run its programmes and come up with new programmes that would help to further bring development in the sector.
He also charge them to find best ways to achieve the establishment of the laboratories across universities in the country.
“We cannot do research, if we do not have the necessary facility to do that.
“Part of the matter is that I have seen that there are instances that people have to go to other countries to access facilities to carry out research.
“So, one of the things I really want us to put on the table in the course of this meeting is how do we take the task and how do we do,’’ he said
The Nigeria News Agency reports that five university vice chancellors were among those present at meeting.
They were from universities of Ibadan, Ahmadu Bello, UNN Nsukka, Jos, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt and Usman Dan Fodiyo.
Edited by: Wale Ojetimi
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2VWc
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges
- Bill to regulate administration of sports mooted
- Compact: African Development Bank and IFC Partner to Advance Economic Development in Lusophone African countries
- Lagos govt explains why Nigerian Army intervened during EndSARS protests
- N15 bn cocoa processing plant begins operation in Ondo
- Fighting against drought-induced hunger: FAO provides rural households in Somalia with cash livestock and agricultural support
- ABU, CBN develop national farmers’ database
- Nigerian Navy arrests 5 stowaways at Lagos anchorage
- Woodside Energy Confirms Participation at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
- After media reports, Kano govt unseals chamber of lawyer who secures victory against Ganduje-led APC