PSG without Mbappe for Leipzig trip
FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football – Ligue 1 – Nantes v Paris St Germain – The Stade de la Beaujoire – Louis Fonteneau, Nantes, France – October 31, 2020 Paris St Germain’s Kylian Mbappe during the warm up before the match tephane Mahe
Paris, Nov.3, 2020 Paris St Germain forward Kylian Mbappe will miss Wednesday’s Champions League clash against RB Leipzig due to a hamstring problem, the French champions said on Tuesday.
Mbappe, 21, sustained the injury during Saturday’s 3-0 Ligue 1 victory against Nantes and was withdrawn towards the closing stages of the match.
“After going off during the game against Nantes with a right hamstring problem, Mbappe’s not available for the trip to Germany and the situation will be reassessed in 48 hours,” PSG said in a statement.
Coach Thomas Tuchel will also be without the services of Neymar and Mauro Icardi due to injuries, with the duo expected to return only after this month’s international break.
PSG, who followed up a 2-1 home defeat by Manchester United with a 2-0 victory at Istanbul Basaksehir, are second in Group H of the Champions League with three points.
Edited By: Emmanuel Okara)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3wbI
- Egypt begins expansion of Suez Canal’s southern stretch
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (May 15, 2021)
- Campenaerts 7th after an impressive breakaway effort on stage 8 of the Giro d’Italia
- Biden discusses Gaza conflict with Israeli, Palestinian leaders
- Gov. Buni for grants financial autonomy to judiciary in Yobe
- Egypt to host inaugural CAF Women’s Champions League finals
- NOUN VC urges 17,804 matriculating students to be studious, courageous
- Navy releases list of successful candidates for Basic Training School
- Flood: Gov. Yahaya warns residents against dumping refuse in drainages