Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
NNN: Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Thursday visited Gombe to seek delegates’ support ahead of the presidential primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Abubakar, who is one of the presidential aspirants on PDP platform, expressed confidence that Gombe delegates would vote for him.
“I am optimistic that your votes are mine. Even if I did not come to Gombe, I will sleep with my two eyes closed.
“ This is because Gombe is my home and I am your son because of the personal relationship I have with the people of Gombe .
“And what I did for Gombe I have not done in Adamawa my state,” he said.
He further expressed appreciation to Gombe delegates for the support given to him during the party’s last presidential primary election in Port Hacourt, Rivers State.
In his response,retired Maj. -Gen. Abnon Kwaskebe, Chairman, PDP Gombe ,said even if Atiku didn’t come to Gombe they would definitely vote for him.
“ You are from the North East and all the development brought by a PDP Government in Gombe was your hand work” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeriareports that since Monday different aspirants have visited PDP delegates in Gombe State to seek support ahead of the May 28 primary
Those who have visited include Gov. Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State, Gov Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State, Gov Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom and former Senate President, Bukola Saraki.
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss