Primaries: NATOP President, Abdul congratulates Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, urges tourism blueprints
NNN: The President of the National Association of Tour Operators in Nigeria, (NATOP) Hajia Biliqis Abdul, has congratulated the Presidential candidates of various political parties on their emergence.
Abdul specifically congratulated the three frontline candidates, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress,, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of Peoples Democratic Party and Mr Peter Obi of Labour Party,
She tasked the candidates on the necessity to design a blueprint for the development of tourism in Nigeria.
“It is my sincere happiness that the trio are not only distinguished Nigerians with enviable records of excellent performance at different posts of responsibility, but also glad that each of them has invested substantially in the tourism and hospitality sector of this country.
“It is on this note that I am urging all of them at this onset to see the tourism sector of the Nigeria economy as a major concern of their development plan in their economic blueprint for Nigeria.
“The tourism economy in Nigeria is such of humongous proportion which has not enjoyed a flash of interest from successive government in Nigeria.
“They must see tourism as an alternative source of revenue and a potent economic booster with the largesse of its low hanging fruits without heavy investment like the oil or mining sector,” she said.
The Bboog Travels and Tours CEO, attributed the long neglect of tourism to deprivation and lack of proper advocacy from the practitioners and their failure to call the attention of political gladiators to the needs in tourism development in their policy documents and blueprints.
“This is the main reason why I am calling on all our presidential candidates of each party to put tourism development as a critical sector of their developmental policy in their blueprints.
“I am also challenging them to ensure the planting of tourism as the alternative source of revenue generation for the nation.
“While I am congratulating all the candidates for emerging as their party flag bearer, I prayed the Almighty to protect them as they strive to clinch the seat of the Presidency of this country,”She said. (
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss