President Kenyatta Eulogises Mzee Henry Ndung’u as a Firm, Consummate and Kind Mentor
NNN: President Uhuru Kenyatta on Saturday praised the late Mzee Henry Rodgers Ndung’u as a kind, steadfast and kind person who mentored a generation of successful Kenyan professionals.
Mzee Ndung’u, father of Lady Justice Njoki Ndung’u of the High Court of Kenya, passed away on March 24 this year at the age of 86.
In a message of condolence read on his behalf by First Lady Margaret Kenyatta during a memorial service for the late Mzee Ndung’u at St. Francis ACK Karen, the president mourned the death as “a consummate professional whose long and illustrious career in the public and private sector was an inspiration to many”.
“Those of us who were lucky enough to associate with him and learn from his feet as a father figure will forever remember the late Mzee Ndungu as a kind, steadfast and gentle soul; who, despite his incisive wit and brilliance, always he was patient and humble,” the president said.
In addition to his great personality, President Kenyatta said that Mzee Ndungu will be remembered for his exploits and professional successes.
“His brilliance and leadership qualities saw him rise to senior positions within Kenya and abroad as well. Mzee Ndungu was a candle that was not satisfied with just burning brightly, but took every opportunity to light other candles and help them shine with the same intensity. like him”, praised the president to the patriarch of the Ndung’u family.
President Kenyatta added that the late Mzee Ndung’u, whose body was cremated on Friday, had mentored hundreds of professionals during his long service in the public and private sectors.
“As a leader, he mentored all those under his supervision, with many of them becoming celebrated public servants or distinguished private sector actors. It is for this reason that even as we bury him today, his flame has not truly been extinguished.” ., as he will always burn brightly in the form of all those he has mentored and shaped into greatness,” the president said.
“We can attest to Mzee Ndungu’s legacy all around us, especially in his family. A loving and devoted husband, father and grandfather, Mzee cherished his family and is the foundation of the success that is evident in it.
“The values that defined his life – integrity, faithful service to the nation and others, and the pursuit of excellence – are evident in the two generations of great Kenyans he has bequeathed to us. May we all preserve and pass on to generations younger the exemplary values that Mzee exemplified,” lamented the president.
The Head of State prayed to God to grant the widow of the late Mzee Ndung’u, Mama Maria Njeri Ndungu, her children and grandchildren, the strength and peace to overcome the loss of their family patriarchy.
Chief Justice Martha Koome, who also spoke at the memorial service, praised the late Mzee Ndung’u as a patriot who excelled and valued education, made a great contribution in the private sector and helped establish the structures of Kenyan government at independence.
- FEC approves N22bn for Nigeria Content Devt Board
- Mali improvised bomb claims lives of 2 Egyptian peacekeepers – UN
- NADCEL 2022: Army wives donate items to children with disabilities
- What Is CFD Trading? How to Get Started with CFD Trading?
- Osun, a low hanging fruit –PDP
- NSCDC inducts 136 new recruits in Imo
- As the Transitional Period Nears its End, Inclusion of Women’s Voices Becomes Key for Enduring Peace in South Sudan
- IGP tasks new police constables on discipline, professionalism
- Ex- NAGAFF President sets agenda for Sambo
- Ethiopia parliament sets up body to probe mass killings
- 2023: Senatorial candidate appeals for calm, unity in PDP
- Cyprus reinforces face mask rule indoors
- Meta’s AI Machine Translation Research Helps Break Language Barriers
- Impeachment: Court fixes July 26 for judgment in Oyo Deputy Governor’s suit
- Bankrupt Sri Lanka asks Putin for fuel, tourists
- 2023: CSO tasks INEC on improved stakeholders’ enlightenment, mobilisation
- Kuje custodial attack: NSCDC describes slain personnel as a gallant officer
- Federal lawmaker congratulates Olowo of Owo in Ondo State at 56
- Delta Assembly passes Development, Property Authority Bill
- Kaduna govt. inaugurates committee for policy on private school operations