6. We are determined to step up action against crimes of kidnapping, banditry and other forms of unlawful and criminal attacks resulting in needless deaths plunging our people to untold hardship.
10. These policies and programmes include a robust revamping of police intelligence gathering capacity and the significant boosting of the numbers of security personnel in our local communities. This in specific terms will include recruiting more police officers and doing so whenever possible from their local government areas, where they would then be stationed in the best traditions of policing world-wide.
11. Working with the State governments also, we intend to improve the equipping of the police force with advanced technology and equipment that can facilitate their work. To drive this, I recently created a full fledged Ministry of Police Affairs.
12. As I said during my meeting with the Traditional Rulers from the South-West, directives have been issued to the appropriate federal authorities to speedily approve licensing for States requesting the use of drones to monitor forests and other criminal hideouts.
13. We also intend to install CCTVs on highways and other strategic locations so that activities in some of those hidden places can be exposed, more effectively monitored and open to actionable intervention.
15. Your Royal Highnesses, this Administration is determined to enforce the law, prosecute law breakers and secure an atmosphere of peace for all Nigerians wherever they live and also protect our communities from all forms of crimes. This is both in our interests as an administration and the interests of all Nigerians.https://nnn.ng/president-buharis-remarks-during-meeting-with-northern-traditional-leaders/
Lagos Airport Command gets new CP Buhari greets President XI Jinping on China’s 71st Anniversary Positive sentiment: Stock market opens week with N99bn growth Kwara labour unions issue 14 days ultimatum to Kwara Govt. Digitisation of government activities will reduce corruption -Fayemi Yoruba groups dissociate selves from planned Oct. 1 rally, support united Nigeria Abia Govt., NSE to partner on SME development Cassava farmers want soft loans to boost garri production Ondo governorship election: we’ll continue to play neutral role – IG 60th Independence Anniversary :Group appeals to President Buhari to evacuate stranded Nigerian traders in Ghana Ember months: FRSC tasks motorists on safe driving, traffic rules Niger Govt. Set to reopen schools on Oct. 4 3 drivers, supplier face N26.1m theft charge Lai Mohammed preaches unity at Nigeria @60 historical exhibition UNGA74: Buhari congratulates Muhammad-Bande on successful tenure [email protected]: LASG reduces water transportation fare Sen. Al-Makura lauds organised labour for suspending protest, strike Club pledges to construct N150m Accident, Emergency Ward Kaduna SUBEB opens bid for N7b UBEC intervention projects Mali: Again, ECOWAS to deliberate on grey areas as Jonathan briefs Buhari FG to conduct census of businesses Ondo 2020: Sanwo-Olu drums support for Akeredolu, ICPC uncovers illegal diversion of part of N2.67 meant for school feeding programme Subsidy removal: FG sets up modalities to disburse 2,000 buses Gov. Bagudu seeks stakeholders’ collaboration to achieve free rabies status by 2030 FG launches digital Nigeria portal, mobile app 20th Anniversary: ICPC commends Enugu residents for joining in crusade against corruption Security: NIS trains 320 personnel for North-West operations Paraguayan club president gets lifetime ban for match manipulation NOA trains 17 officers for campaign to end open defecation in Enugu Lagos by-elections: We’ll win by landslide – APC Premier League has one month to decide on any handball law change request Oct.1: China honours 49 outstanding Nigerians working for Chinese coys in Nigeria Portuguese team walk back from stadium after Cup defeat 2020/2021 Legal Year: Kogi CJ assures of speedy, efficient administration of justice Corruption: Buhari vows to check `greed of a callous few’ Council chairman condemns assassination attempt on Nsukka market leader ICPC not targeting lawmakers with Constituency Projects Tracking – Chairman Lawmaker appeals for release of abducted ECDA chairman in Nasarawa State LASG inaugurates team to curtail encroachment on Magodo road Military sustains air onslaught against terrorists, hits hideouts in Borno Lagarde’s peace at risk as ECB splits over virus response – sources Association urges police to redouble efforts on security in Abuja Nigeria at 60: Citizens caution FG on foreign borrowings Kano SUBEB trains 50 teachers on toy making Mixed reactions trail NLC strike suspension in Oyo state Black designers celebrated at Milan fashion week Delta lawmaker constructs classroom blocks in Adonte Community Rep. Akande-Sadipe salutes Adelabu at 50 Lagos: Council chairman visits Idi-Araba community to assess impact of flooding