By Ismaila Chafe
The Nigerian News Agency reports that the presidential plane carrying the president and some members of his entourage touched down at King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh at around 11:00 p.m. local time.
The president was greeted at the airport by a team of representatives from the Saudi government and the Nigerian embassy, Nigerian cabinet ministers as well as members of the Nigerian community in Saudi Arabia.
reports that the president is expected to be joined at the 5th annual flagship investment event by Nigerian business executives, bankers, industry captains and energy experts to discuss issues on the future of investments around the world.
According to an earlier statement on the summit, re-edited by Malam Garba Shehu, spokesman for the president, on Monday in Abuja, the three-day event, with the theme, Investing in Humanity, would host leaders and managers of global assets.
He would deliberate on progress and prosperity with vigor; real final frontiers in investments; science in action; and the impact of climate change on communities, among others.
Shehu also revealed that the president would perform any Hajj in Medina and Mecca before returning to the country on Friday.
Among those accompanying the President on the trip are the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Otunba Niyi Adebayo; Minister of Communications; Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Pantami, and Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Amb. Zubairu Dada.
The others are the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr. Timipre Sylva; Director General of the National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Ahmed Rufai, and Managing Director of the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority, Uche Orji.
Some of the private sector guests include Alhaji Mohammed Indimi, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Tope Shonubi, Wale Tinubu, Alhaji Abdul Samad Rabiu, Hassan Usman, Omoboyode Olusanya, Abubakar Suleiman, Herbert Wigwe, Leo Stan Ekeh, Alan Seinfield and Alhaji Dahiru Mangal.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3DqF
- 5 cases of Omicron variant confirmed in New York state: governor
- Buhari mourns Kano kingmaker, Mukhtar Adnan
- Inauguration of youth dialogue would strengthen S/Africa-Nigeria leadership – Envoy
- Finland opens embassies in Dakar and Doha
- Lawmaker says intense sensitisation required to increase vaccination rate in W/Africa
- Eastern African Standby Force (EASF) Director pays courtesy call on Principal Secretary for Foreign Affairs
- All proceedings concerning Mali and Guinea suspended: an obstruction of justice for victims of human rights violations
- Uganda ready to implement new secondary curriculum
- Tigray conflict: UN experts call for urgent action to stop violence against women
- N4.4trn debt: Some prominent Nigerians delaying AMCON’s recovery effort, Senate raises alarm
- IMF Staff Reaches Staff-Level Agreement on an Extended Credit Facility Arrangement with Zambia
- Discrimination of people with disability: Envoy calls for policy review
- Man allegedly steals Domino Pizza’s delivery motorcycle
- Absence of Evans’ counsel stalls trial
- ‘Lady of the house’ Maxwell controlled Epstein mansion: ex-employee