The Dean College of Business and Management Studies (CBMS), Kaduna Polytechnic, Malam Musa Mshelia has urged academicians and other relevant stakeholders to properly utilise funds meant for the development of education in the country.
According to Mshelia, education is the bedrock of development, as such funds meant for academic activities should be used solely for the purpose and not diverted.
“We have serious challenges in the educational sector, alot of money is being voted for the academia which however is not up to UNESCO standard.
“But the little being disbursed if properly utilised would have made us go far from the present level,” the Dean said.
He described corruption as a major challenge in the education sector, but noted a lot was being done to address the menace by the Federal Government.
Mshelia pledge to move CBMS to higher level and build upon the legacies of the previous leadership of the college.
“When the current Rector, Prof. Idris Bugaje came, he established the policy and transparency unit which had gone a long way in addressing sexual harassment and extortion in the polytechnic and we will make sure we monitor the abuses in our departments.
“We will give the rector all the necessary support to improve on his mandate towards making sure Kaduna Polytechnic remains an institution of standard and good morals.”
She described Mshelia as a humble and hardworking man and urged him to continue the good work, which would project BUK in a good manner.
Also speaking, Dr Ja’afar Dabai, a lecturer at the Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina, described Mshelia’s victory as the result of his good rapport with his colleagues, friends and the entire Polytechnic community.
The News Agency of Nigeria , reports that the election for the post of the Dean of CBMS, Kaduna Polytechnic was held in January between three contenders.
Edited By: Maharazu Ahmed
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3vz6
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)
- JUSUN, PASAN strike to end soon – FG
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 6, 2021)
- Jagun emerges new president of computer professionals council