By Olajide Idowu
In a statement by SP Yemisi Opalola, spokesperson for the Osun police, the victim, Rukayat Bayonle, was abducted on April 20, around 2:30 a.m., in the region of Olomilagbala, Ilesa, Osun.
“Following a distress call indicating that the victim had been abducted, Osun Police Commissioner Olawale Olokode formed a combined team of the tactical unit of the police, JTF and other security services. for a rescue mission for the kidnapped girl.
“The kidnappers, numbering about five, invaded the student’s quarters and took her into the bush.
“The security guards on a relentless rescue operation of the victim, followed suit in the bush to do a thorough combing.
“At around 5:25 am the same day, within 3 hours, police and local security agents rescued the abducted victim unharmed.
“The Police Commissioner hereby urged members of the public to be vigilant, support, cooperate and collaborate with the police in combating all forms of crime,” the statement read in part. . (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z3Q
- Pfizer, Moderna vaccines 94% effective – CDC study
- Imminent food crisis: young farmers recommend emergency food security plan
- Nigeria’s security challenges surmountable, says Gov. Fayemi
- Police not Nigeria’s problem – Sen. Dickson
- Transition: We’ll lend helping hand, Buhari tells Chad
- Team Nigeria on course to qualify for Tokyo Olympics relay races —- George
- Eid-el-Fitr: Foundation distributes food items to widows, orphans in Kaduna
- WHO cautions on excessive speed to reduce road accidents
- Egypt receives second shipment of 1.77 million COVID-19 vaccines via COVAX Facility