By Olajide Idowu
In a statement by SP Yemisi Opalola, spokesperson for the Osun police, the victim, Rukayat Bayonle, was abducted on April 20, around 2:30 a.m., in the region of Olomilagbala, Ilesa, Osun.
“Following a distress call indicating that the victim had been abducted, Osun Police Commissioner Olawale Olokode formed a combined team of the tactical unit of the police, JTF and other security services. for a rescue mission for the kidnapped girl.
“The kidnappers, numbering about five, invaded the student’s quarters and took her into the bush.
“The security guards on a relentless rescue operation of the victim, followed suit in the bush to do a thorough combing.
“At around 5:25 am the same day, within 3 hours, police and local security agents rescued the abducted victim unharmed.
“The Police Commissioner hereby urged members of the public to be vigilant, support, cooperate and collaborate with the police in combating all forms of crime,” the statement read in part. . (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z3Q
- Ekiti Govt to embark on rice pyramid project, targets 1m tonnes
- NEDC initiates 35 projects in Taraba – Official
- Ex-President Jonathan says he won’t use political power to punish people
- Organisation offers free medical services to 300 widows, orphans in FCT
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 15, 2021)
- Ekiti Govt. repositions technical colleges to boost vocational skills
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 15, 2021)
- Governors’ Forum best platform to discuss issues affecting Nigeria – Jonathan
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 15, 2021)