Police rescue 14 kidnap victims in Zamfara
NNN: The Police Command in Zamfara has rescued 14 kidnap victims held for 42 days at Kunchin Kalgo forest in Tsafe Local Government area of the state.
This is contained in a statement issued in Gusau on Thursday by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Muhammad Shehu.
Shehu said that the victims were rescued successfully during an intelligence-led search and rescue operation in the forest on Tuesday.
He said that the operation was conducted by the police with the support of some individuals partnering with security agencies to restore peace to the state.
“The police tactical team acted on credible intelligence and stormed a suspected bandits’ hideout, leading to the rescue of 14 victims including two babies of one year each.
“The victims informed the police that the bandits invaded Nasarawar-Wanke and Rijiya villages in Gusau LGA and abducted them to their enclave, where they spent 42 days in captivity.”he said.
Shehu added that the 14 victims had been handed over to their relatives.
He said that the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Ayuba Elkanah, appreciated the support being given to the police by the government and people in the effort to restore peace to the state. (
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family