By Mohammad Tijjani
Kaduna State Police Command rescued 15 abductees and recovered 32 cows.
Jalige said that on April 9 at around 3:25 p.m., gunmen suspected of being bandits blocked the Buruku Birnin Gwari road around Unguwan Yako Forest in an attempt to kidnap the occupants of two Volkswagen saloon cars.
“A swift response from members of the command forced the marauding bandits to retreat and flee into the forest with gunshot wounds, abandoning their victims.
“The agents searched the whole area, however, and managed to save 15 unharmed victims,” he said.
He said the drivers of the vehicles suffered injuries to varying degrees and were receiving treatment.
Jalige said the remaining victims were profiled and then reunited with their respective families.
He said rigorous patrols and a manhunt for the fleeing bandits were of the highest priority for the command.
He said that on April 8, at around 5 a.m., the command received an intelligence report indicating that bandits had been sighted around the village of Dutsin Gaya in the Kajuru Local Government Area (LGA), moving large herds of cattle strongly suspected of having been stolen.
“The command to get the information as usual, the agents were mobilized in the area and engaged the bandits in a fierce gun battle which forced them to take heels with gunshot wounds while the officers recovered 32 noisy cows.
Jalige reassured the command’s relentless efforts to secure public space and create an environment conducive to the prosperity of legitimate businesses in the state. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJh
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel