By Ishaq Zaki
Zamfara Police Command said it secured the release of 11 kidnapped people in the state.
“On April 9, the command, in collaboration with the Ministry of Security and Interior, obtained the unconditional release of 11 victims kidnapped by a group who took them to a forest near Gobirawan Chali in the government area. local Maru, ”he said.
He said that “10 of the 11 victims are from the villages of Kyakyaka, Tungar Haki and Gidan Ango of the Gusau local government area in Zamfara, while the other victim is from Kaduna state”.
He said that the release of the kidnapped victims was part of the ongoing peace process enunciated by Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara.
“All the victims rescued were debriefed by the police and later handed over to the Ministry of Security and Home Affairs, which will reunite them with their families.
“The investigation into the abduction of the victims has started and the results will be made public,” Shehu said.
He said the cocander also repelled an attack by suspected bandits on Yarkala village in Rawayya district of Bungudu local government area in Zamfara and recovered weapons.
“On April 8, police officers attached to Operation Puff Adder deployed in the Rawayya-Yarkala axis were alerted to the presence of a large number of bandits who were going to the village of Yarkala for an attack.
“Upon receiving the distress call, the officers mobilized and dislodged the bandits, as a result, they fled to the forest with possible gunshot wounds.
“During the cleaning of the scene, an AK-47 rifle marked 1983NI2328 and a magazine containing 10 rounds of live ammunition belonging to one of the fleeing bandits was recovered and is now in custody,” he said. he says. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJg
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala
- Managing mental health conditions among army officers