By Ishaq Zaki
Zamfara Police Command said it had neutralized the kingpin of a notorious bandit who was terrorizing communities in parts of the state.
He said the kingpin of the bandit was killed following a sustained attack on recalcitrant bandits and other criminal elements in the state.
The command said the bandit was on police radar for terrorizing innocent people in Maradun and other areas of neighboring local government in the state.
“On April 4, 2021, officers attached to the command’s Operation Puff Adder II while patrolling to build confidence along the village of Tsibiri near the Sububu Forest in the Maradun LGA, intercepted a group of armed bandits who were suspected of being on an attack mission in the village.
“On seeing the police, they engaged them in a gun duel, to which the staff quickly responded.
“One of the bandits was shot dead, while other bandits fled into the forest with possible gunshot wounds.
He added that an AK 47 rifle with breech no. AK 103-2051361627, a magazine containing four rounds of live ammunition, a motorcycle, a bag of charms and a set of military camouflage uniforms were recovered from the scene.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yDc
- Nigeria registers 89 new COVID-19 infections, now totaling 164,000
- Hon. Bolaji Dada charges women to actively participate in politics
- UN mandates ECOWAS with policies to protect and recognize women in informal sectors
- UN COVID-19 pooled fund funded 40% of medical supplies in Nigeria – Kallon
- FCTA educates farmers on resilient agriculture and food security systems
- Guber seeker advocates innovative approaches to boost Anambra IGR
- Chibok girls always on our minds, says the presidency
- NSCDC foils jailbreak attempt at correctional facility in Ubiaja, Edo
- Edo 2020: a sports festival to never forget – MOC