Police nab 22 miscreants in Niger
NNN: The Niger Police Command has arrested 22 suspected miscreants in different parts of Chanchaga and Bosso Local Government Areas of the state.
DSP Wasiu Abiodun, the spokesman of the command, stated this in a statement in Minna on Friday.
Abiodun said the command commenced another round of raid of criminals’ hideout within the metropolis to curtail thuggery, youth restiveness and other crimes and criminality in Minna.
He said on June 21, combined team of Police operatives mobilised from Department of Operations, Bosso and Minna Area Commands, arrested 22 suspected miscreants at Angwan-Daji.
The Police also made arrest at Angwan-Kanawa, Limawa, Maitumbi, Barkin-Sale and Makera areas of Bosso and Chanchaga LGAs of the state.
”Exhibits recovered from the suspects included one saw, seven cutlasses, eight wraps of suspected cannabis, one pair of scissors, two knives, sticks and a bottle containing illicit substances,” he said.
The spokesman reassured members of the public that the command would not relent in its effort to ensure that all suspected miscreants were effectively dealt with in accordance with the law.
He reiterated the command’s commitment to explore the administration of criminal justice system and partner the judiciary towards a diligent prosecution of the suspects.
He, however, urged members of the public, parents and guardians to cooperate with the Police and other security agencies to achieve a crime free environment in the state. (
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs