A 63-year-old woman, Adenike Adebayo, appeared before an Iyaganku Chief Magistrate’s Court, Ibadan, on Tuesday on a two-count charge of defrauding and stealing N2,1 million from one Mrs Olubisi Adedokun.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Olusegun Adegboye, told the court that Adenike committed the offence in June when she collected the money from Adedokun on the pretext that she would supply the latter with some imported wearing apparels.
Having collected the money, the accused did not keep to the promise, the prosecutor said.
“The defendant collected the money on the understanding that her son, who resides in Dubai, would ship the wearing apparels to Nigeria.
“She, however, converted the money to her personal use,’’ Adegboye said.
Adenike, who resides at Jericho G.R.A, Ibadan, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Emmanuel Idowu, granted her bail in the sum of N500, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
Idowu adjourned the case to Feb.10, 2021 for mention.
Edited By: Edith Bolokor/Alli Hakeem
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3x1A
- Children now more interested in entertainment than reading – Akpokeneme
- ECOWAS Court women’s forum share food items to indigents in FCT
- Again FCTA cancels Eid-il-Fitr public prayer
- COVID-19: FG imposes midnight curfew, reintroduces ban on mass gathering
- Stolen artifacts: Oba of Benin disowns impostors
- C/River to deploy drones for medical supplies – Ayade
- Karate Federation to attend Olympic qualifiers in Paris
- Maiden Davnotch Tennis Championship attracts 300 athletes
- Fans react as Davido ‘spanks’ daughter, Hailey for twerking