By Ikechukwu Iweajunwa
The police commissioner in Imo, Nassiru Mohammed, says he has activated tactical units of the command to rescue Rev. Fr. Marcel Onyeocha and arrest his captors.
The police commissioner, in a statement released Sunday by the spokesman of the command, the SP Orlando Ikeokwu, called for calm, assuring that the priest would be rescued.
The statement read: “A Bissong Atugu reported that on April 10, around 7:45 pm, while driving from Enugu to Owerri in a Nissan Exterra SUV, in the company of a Rev Marcel Onyeocha, the vehicle developed a foul around Ihube at Okigwe LGA.
“As they were descending to check the vehicle, a group of people, presumably Fulani shepherds, came out of the bush and inflicted injuries on him, while the priest was kidnapped and taken to an unknown destination.
“Following the above, the CP activated all the tactical teams of the command, in order to rescue the priest and possibly to arrest the culprits.”
He assured that the command would do everything possible to ensure the rescue of the priest. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yK7
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel