By Stanley Nwanosike
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Daniel Ndukwe, said this in a statement on Saturday.
Ndukwe said that the command also recovered a tricycle used by the suspect and his cohorts for their operations.
He said that the feat was achieved by operatives attached to the New Haven Police Division within the metropolis on April 16 at about 9a.m.
According to him, police operatives arrested one Chukwudi Chukwu, 25, at an ATM point along Chime Avenue, Enugu.
“The suspect, whose arrest was due to a swift response to a distress call and his rescue from an angry mob by police operatives, is alleged to have fraudulently swapped a victim’s UBA ATM card.
“This the suspect did after offering to assist process his victim’s transaction on another bank’s ATM, with the intention of defrauding her.
“He confessed to the crime as well as being a member of the syndicate that specialised in unsuspectingly swapping ATM cards of their victims at banks’ ATMs with non-functional cards.
“This manipulative move they use to fraudulently obtain funds from their victims accounts,’’ the police spokesman said.
He said that there had been discrete investigation to arrest other members of the syndicate, including the suspect’s accomplices who escaped on the said date of the arrest.
“He, however, pleads with all and sundry to quickly submit arrested criminals to the police for proper investigation and prosecution, rather than indulge in mob actions that are tantamount to jungle justice.” (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z9a
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)
- UK seeks tariff exemption on solar equipment
- The newest TECNO CAMON 17 Pro has raised the bar for selfie smartphones, allowing users to express themselves creatively in their own way
- “About a Boy” the winner of the Nollywoodweek Film Festival 2021
- Energy Capital & Power Confirms High Level Sponsors for South Sudan Oil & Power 2021 Event
- APC Edo felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el Fitri
- Eid el-Fitr: A time to renew Nigeria’s pact with destiny – PDP
- Southern Senators’ Forum lauds governors on security steps
- Kogi registers indigent households impacted by COVID-19