By Friday Idachaba
Police Commissioner Idrisu Dauda Dabban revealed this in a statement signed by Police Command Image Creator DSP William Aya on Sunday in Lokoja.
Dabban said the command also opened an investigation into the viral video allegations against police personnel attached to the Adogo division.
According to the statement, they allegedly extorted N 25,000 from one traveler and physically assaulted another while on patrol along the Adogo-Okene road.
The commissioner, who condemned the incident, said the police had been identified and detained at the state’s Criminal Investigation Department.
According to him, it is ASP Isah Barnabas, Insp Ifediegwu Godwin, Sgt. Emmanuel Ochima and Cpl. Umameh Mathias who allegedly physically assaulted one of the travelers.
He said ASP Barnabas had received an official request as the three junior officers were currently undergoing an orderly trial (internal police disciplinary measure).
The Police Commissioner noted that the Command was doing its best to establish contact with the victims and directed them (the victims) to contact the Command on the telephone number: 08107899269.
Dabban assured that one of the officers found failing in the investigation would be treated accordingly.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D68
- President Buhari challenges Universities to develop COVID-19 Vaccine
- Sen. Olujimi decries poor representation of women in elective positions
- Climate Change Act will enable Nigeria tackle climate crisis – UNN
- Climate Change: NGO charges religious, traditional institutions on effective awareness
- Female artisans set to take over construction industry
- 2021/2022 season: LMC to ratify NPFL Dec. 17 kickoff in Abuja
- Passengers influx: Warri-Itakpe route to have more coaches – NRC official
- Stakeholders reiterate commitment to Nigeria’s Port process manual’s implementation
- SEC warns quoted coys, registrars to desist from selective dividend payments
- Nestlé NESCAFE ORIGINAL offers new 25g size in Nigeria
- UK toughens Covid rules as new strain arrives
- Group inaugurates feedback campaign in support of Osinbajo
- Iran negotiator arrives in Vienna for key nuclear talks
- Countries convene for pandemic treaty talks
- Ethiopia PM Abiy says military will ‘destroy’ Tigray rebels