By monday Ijeh
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command arrested 17 suspects for sectarianism along the Gwagwalada, Gwagwa, Lugbe and Kurudma axis of the territory.
She said the arrest of the suspects was in line with the command’s commitment to rid the FCT of criminal elements.
Yusuf said the suspects were arrested between April 5 and 9 by police officers from the command’s anti-cultism unit during coordinated raids and patrols.
She said the suspects confessed to being members of the Viking and Aro Baga brotherhoods terrorizing the areas.
According to her, the exhibits recovered from the suspects are three locally made pistols, two rounds of live ammunition, four rounds, two chains of knives, an ax, a cutlass, envelopes of dried leaves suspected of being Indian hemp and charms.
She said the suspects would be brought to justice following the investigation.
The PPRO implored FCT residents to report any suspicious movement, emergency or distress to command on 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 and 08028940883.
She also said that the conduct of police officers could be reported to the Public Complaints Bureau (PCB) 09022222352. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJC
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)
- JUSUN, PASAN strike to end soon – FG