By Thompson Yamput
Plateau State University (PLASU) 100-level student Bokkos, who is believed to have fallen from a vehicle during a student protest, has died of his injuries.
The deceased, Isreal Emmanuel, the class representative of the university’s mathematics department, died in the evening of head injuries sustained during his fall from a car.
The institution’s vice-chancellor, Professor Yohana Izam, confirmed Emmanuel’s death in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) on Wednesday.
The vice-chancellor, however, described the student’s death as “very sad” and “unhappy”.
“For us as an institution, Emmanuel’s death is shocking and a great loss for us considering the cause of his death.
“We have warned the students about demonstrations and protests, which are not jamborees, but they continue to do so.
“Our pain and regret is that Monday’s protest robbed us of a precious soul and forced us to mourn,” lamented Izam.
Speaking also, the president of the SUG, Mr. Luepai Ezekiel, confirmed the death of Emmanuel and expressed his sadness at this sudden death.
“Emmanuel fell from one of the vehicles during our protest against the insecurity in the establishment and landed with his head on the asphalt road.
“We rushed him to Bokkos Cottage hospital, but unfortunately he couldn’t do it because he died later that evening on Monday,” Ezekiel explained. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOk
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners