Plans ongoing to restore power supply to Borno -minister
NNN: The Minister of Power, Mr Abubakar Aliyu says power supply will soon be restored to Borno.
Mr Odutayo Oluseyi, the Assistant Director, Press, Ministry of Power quoted the minister as saying this when the Vice Chancellor, Borno State University, Prof Umar Sandabe led his management team on a visit to his office in Abuja, on Thursday.
Aliyu said that all efforts were ongoing to restore power to Maiduguri in about six weeks.
According to him, the Independent Power Plants projects are being handled through the policy on off-grid and mini grid.
He said that the mini grid would adequately cater for all renewables.
The minister directed the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) to explore ways in which the state universities would benefit from the Energising education policy of the Federal Government.
Speaking earlier, the Vice Chancellor commended the minister for his unrelenting efforts at reforming the power sector.
He said the institution had been out of power supply since 2020 due to the insurgency.
‘The university has been on generators which takes a huge sum of its funding,
”The generators, in spite consuming huge sum of its funds do not provide the needed electricity for the university operations.”
He appealed to the minister to ensure that power supply was restored to the institution with a promise that all power projects within its premises would be secured. (
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family