Mr Kabir Ahmed, the Executive Director, Business Development and Strategy, Premium Pension Ltd, has urged Adamawa Government to key into contributory pension scheme as a lasting solution to pension problem facing many states.
He said with the growing population of retirees and demands in other sectors, the only way to sustain the payment of pension to retirees in public and private sectors was through the contributory pension.
Ahmed said that Premium Pension Ltd. possessed the needed experience to assist Adamawa to successfully key into the programme.
“We have opened a channel of communication with people that matter in Adamawa State and will continue to encourage the state to embrace contributory pension,” he said.
Ahmed said the interactive session was organised by the company to have the opportunity to interact with stakeholders in the programme, particularly Pension Desk Officers and Human Resources Managers.
He said the interactive session would enhance the capacity of the officers and managers in terms of knowledge and awareness of happening in the pension industries.
“They will in turn be in a position to enlighten their colleagues in various organisations.
“That would reduce the number of complaints that came to us and by extension also, the complaints that go to the National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
In his remark, the Northeast Acting Zonal Head of PENCOM, Mr Kasim Umar, lauded Premium Pension Ltd. for the regular interactive session, saying it was a good measure to enhance service delivery.
“As you know, capacity building in the industry is very key.
“This particular event for pension desk officers responsible for liaising between contributors and PENCOM as well as Pension Fund Administrators (PFAs)is very vital,” Umar said.
He reiterated the commitment of PENCOM to continue to ensure effective service delivery by PFAs.
Highlights of the occasion were paper presentation on how to plan for retirement and question and answer sessions on services and activities of PFAs.
Edited By: Bola Akingbehin/Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-33hd
- Forum tasks FG on MSMEs growth
- Video press release: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- APC will take over Rivers Govt House in 2023- State Chairman
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 7, 2021)
- FRSC enjoins passengers to caution reckless drivers
- Coronavirus – Daily update of the state of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 7, 2021)
- Atiku mourns ex-Minister of Women Affairs, Alhassan
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors