Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
NNN: Mr Yusuf Musa, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism, Nasarawa, has urged families to inculcate cultural values and traditions in the formative years of their children and wards.
According to him, this will enable them prepare for positive and productive life.
Musa said this at the maiden cultural festival organised by youths of the 500-unit Housing Estate on Thursday in Lafia.
According to the permanent secretary, inculcating cultural values and traditions has become necessary given the spate of youths involvement in crimes and other negative vices in the society.
He attributed the involvement of youths in social vices to the erosion of some cultures, traditional values and norms, which were hitherto the guiding principles of the society.
Musa advised families to strive to retain those values that unite and shape the child towards positivity and productive lives.
He said that the administration of Gov. Abdullahi Sule attached great importance to the revival and promotion of the rich cultural heritage, values and tourism potential in the state.
According to him, the policy direction of the state as encapsulated in the Nasarawa Economic Development Strategy (NEDS) document is geared towards speedy but organised development of the state, and its people especially the youths.
Musa expressed concern over the failure of stakeholders to nurture and protect the sacred values that positively shape the society.
He urged the organisers to make the initiative a yearly event, and solicited tribal and cultural associations to embrace and support the festival.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that highlight of the event included exhibition of cultural foods, attires, cultural dances and drama series as well as goodwill messages from well-wishers.
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss