Memorial activities are being held around the world as well as on social media to mourn the death of Argentine football legend Diego Maradona.
Maradona suffered a heart attack on Wednesday that led to cardiorespiratory arrest. He died at 60 at his home on the northern outskirts of Buenos Aires.
In Argentina, the government declared three days of national mourning for the death of Maradona. Many people gathered at Obelisk, one of the main landmarks of Buenos Aires to commemorate him.
Maradona made his professional debut in October 1976. He used to play in Italy’s top football division for SS Calcio Napoli, a team based in the southern Italian city of Naples from 1984 to 1991, when he was at the top of his game.
He led Argentina to victory in the 1986 FIFA World Cup in Mexico, and established himself as one of the best players in the world.
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (February 23, 2021)
- Raubenheimer satisfied with Bok Women’s progress
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- The first doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were delivered to Ghana via COVAX
- The Government of Pakistan and the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation signed an annual financing plan amounting to US $ 1.1 billion
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (February 23, 2021)
- NaturalShrimp Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Aquaculture Assets from Hydrenesis Aquaculture, LLC