By Ibrahim Kado
Gombe, Jan. 10, 2019 (NNN) The Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP), Gombe State Chapter, on Thursday appealed to the state government to settle the backlog of gratuities of its members before May 29, to ameliorate their sufferings.
He said that a lot of civil servants, who had retired for the past five years in the state, were yet to be paid their pensions and gratuities.
He said: “So many people are waiting for their gratuities for 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, and in 2019, people are still retiring.
“We understand that the Federal Government has released some money, especially through the Paris Club refund, while the Bauchi State Government has released billions of naira for payment of pensioners and gratuities.”
Abubakar urged Gov. Ibrahim Dankwambo-led government, which comes to an end in May, to settle the backlog of pensioners’ gratuities, to ameliorate their sufferings.
He advised union members to continue to pray to God for divine intervention, to ensure prompt payment of their pensions and gratuities. (NNN)
Edited by Folorunso Poroye/Felix Ajide
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-2k85
- Bird flu: Hong Kong suspends import of poultry products from Poland
- General Abdulsalami Dismisses News Linking Him To Purported Arrested Helicopter
- Education board trains 600 Ekiti teachers
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan