By Emmanuel Oloniruha
The caucus praised a statement jointly signed by the Deputy Minorities Whip of the House of Representatives, Representative Adesegun Abdel-majid Adekoya, (PDP-OGUN); and the Chairman of the House Public Accounts Committee, Busayo Oke (PDP-OSUN)and made available to reporters in Abuja on Wednesday.
Arapaja became National Vice President of the PDP (South West) after beating his opponent, Dr Eddy Olafeso.
The Caucus said the outcome of the congress, despite all the fears considered, had shown that there was no alternative to the PDP in the area and in Nigeria.
He advised everyone to put the competition behind them.
“Now that the elections are over, it is now time to mend the barriers ahead of future elections in the area and in Nigeria.
“Now the battle is won and lost. But there is no loser and there is no restrictive winner. Victory belongs to all of us.
“Now is the time to mend broken places to reconcile and rebuild without any recourse to personal triumphalism.
“We are all winners, we have proven to them all that PDP is not like them, we belong to the same family under one umbrella, the South West is back under the umbrella now.
“We can confidently say that the PDP recovers all the Southwestern states by 2023, from the polls of the governors of the states of Ekiti and Osun, the war is over in the area with the outcome of Congress zone, ”the caucus said.
He congratulated Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, party leader in the area, for his leadership skills and for making the congress a success.
The caucus called on party leaders to support the governor in rebuilding the party in the area for the task ahead. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yP2
- My late mother influenced my political philosophy — Gov. Diri
- Eid-el Fitr: Osun free train returns 600 passengers to Lagos, Oyo, Ogun
- Ex-President Jonathan calls for synergy among state govs
- PDP governors meet on Monday over security, economy
- Match Day 21 results in 2020/2021 NPFL
- Video: Dabiri-Erewa assures diaspora investors of enabling environment in Nigeria
- Energy administrators hold maiden investiture, task FG on safety
- Guardiola prepares for “incredibly tough” UEFA Champions League
- Kaduna Electric appeals to NLC to shelve planned strike