PDP primary : Banky W pens down message after win
NNN: Nigerian singer, Bankole Wellington, popularly known as Banky W, has expressed his gratitude for the success to contest a seat in the House of Representatives during the 2023 general elections.
Bank W will be contesting the legislative seat for the Eti-Osa Federal Constituency in Lagos State, on the platform of the PDP.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Banky W, on Monday won the re-run election with 24 votes, defeating Sam Aiboni, who scored only five votes.
NAN reports that the singer, in an instagram post thanked everyone for the support given him to win the party ticket.
He said: “I want to thank the Leaders of the People’s Democratic Party, the PDP, for encouraging me to join the family, and empowering me to stand on our great platform.
“I want to thank our party members and delegates for accepting me, for trusting me, and for giving me the go-ahead in a landslide to represent the great constituency of Eti-Osa, Lagos.
“I want to thank my very formidable competitor Barrister Sam Aiboni – we are not opponents within the PDP; we are brothers on the same side, and I hope that our shared love for our community will build a bridge for us to be able work together for the progress and prosperity of our people.
“I want to thank my family and friends, donors and volunteers, prayer warriors and well-wishers – words fail to describe how grateful I feel that you consider me worthy of your blessing, belief and support.
“I also want to thank the love of my life, my wife, for holding my hand and standing by my side.
“Most importantly, I want to thank the almighty God – for the gift of life, and purpose. I am nothing without His Grace.
“Our journey is far from over, this was a great step one but our work has just begun.
“The road ahead is long – I hope we recognize that this is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
“The terrain will be tough – I hope we realize that we are stronger together, and there is no obstacle or opposition that we cannot overcome.
“I hope we remember that this is not about me, this is about all of us.
He says, “Our legislative agenda will be a collaboration between all of the stakeholders in our communities.
“Fully focused on the needs we have in education, healthcare, gender equity, youth employment and economic empowerment.
“Creating a more conducive environment that we can be proud to live in, raise our children, and grow our businesses.
“Eti-Osa is already arguably the most progressive & enlightened constituency. But good enough is not good enough.
“This is about all of us fighting for Eti-Osa to be better. It’s time for us to look in the mirror. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.
“And we can do this, if we do it together. This is more than a campaign. This is a movement. Please join us.”
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family