About 2,614 delegates from the 21 local government areas of Adamawa are attending the convention.
Speaking shortly before the elections, the governor of Bayelsa, Diri Duoye, returning officer, said he was satisfied with the way the congress was organized.
Mr. Duoye, who is also the national vice chairman of the party convention committee, said the due process of forming the party was followed when the former executive bodies of the state were dissolved.
“The National Committee is very impressed and appreciates the way the members have organized themselves for the conduct of the Congress.
“This shows that the PDP is still united as one family to amicably overcome all the challenges the party faces,” Duoye said.
He urged delegates and party supporters to show true democracy during and after the convention as the party prepares to reclaim its mandates in the 2023 general election.
In his remarks shortly after voting, Fintiri said what happened was the height of democracy demonstrated by party members.
“I am happy because the electoral process went smoothly and our people are happy that we are electing new party leaders at the state level.
“The organized election will pave the way for good leadership in the state and pave the way for the party in 2023 to continue with good leadership that has brought dividends from democracy,” Fintiri said.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D3v
- Pakistan optimistic of greater trade, investment cooperation with Nigeria
- President Buhari orders security agencies to be `merciless’ with highway criminals
- Police in Niger State rescue 8 kidnap victims
- Lagos Govt plans 3,456 housing units for public, private sector workers
- Jumia Nigeria announces boost on Black Friday sales
- Group inaugurates scholarship for indigent girls
- Gambia: Truth and Reconciliation Report Must Lead to Justice and Reparations for Victims
- UNITAMS Statement on Violence in Darfur Region
- Workshop: Development of the Policy Framework on Namibian research outputs and Journal Accreditation
- Dollar up along with S&P 500 ahead of US holiday
- Nigeria will benefit from energy transition – ECN D-G
- Conference wants ECOWAS Community Laws included in universities’ curricula
- Okowa felicitates Atiku at 75
- NNPC, GACN, Nasarawa Govt. sign gas supply MoU
- The United States pledges to support the youth of Tanzania when USAID turns 60