Amafili said that the resolution was taken in protest against the alleged refusal of the Assistant Inspector General of Police AIG in-charge of Zone-9, Mr Tijani Babani, to recognise the Chairman of the PCRC Zone-9, Mr Chima Chukwuyere.
He said that his committee would not accept any imposition of leadership by the AIG.
He alleged that the police interference had affected the smooth operations of the PCRC in the three states that made up the zone.
She said the AIG would only recognise elected leadership of the group, adding that until their election, the AIG would continue to recognise Dr Colins Obi, whose election, she pointed out, was subsisting.
He said Chukwuyere was the authentic leader of the Imo zone.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3wAe
- Biden discusses Gaza conflict with Israeli, Palestinian leaders
- Gov. Buni for grants financial autonomy to judiciary in Yobe
- Egypt to host inaugural CAF Women’s Champions League finals
- NOUN VC urges 17,804 matriculating students to be studious, courageous
- Navy releases list of successful candidates for Basic Training School
- Flood: Gov. Yahaya warns residents against dumping refuse in drainages
- FG reiterates commitment to restore mangrove in Ogoniland
- Arsenal owner rejects bid from Spotify to take over club
- Abia govt. reiterates commitment to ban open grazing of cattle