By Ijeoma Olorunfemi
He said they were able to disrupt the ministry’s efforts to create a secure national data bank for the country.
TADI Executive Director Yomi David said this in a statement issued in Abuja.
He described the allegation against the minister as a smear campaign aimed at tarnishing his image.
David recalled that there were unproven allegations in a foreign intelligence report alleging that Pantami had supported Al-Qaeda, Taliban terrorist groups, hence Boko-Haram.
“We at TADI have enjoyed a close relationship with the Minister, even when he served in various government agencies he headed and behaved well in the interests of peace, security and development. from Nigeria.
“We find it worthwhile to walk in solidarity and beg the intelligence group to disassociate itself from the relics of chauvinism.
“These distractions are intended to delay our country’s smooth progress towards obtaining accurate data,” he said.
He added that Pantami was a national asset and that a target on him may have come from criminal elements both in his country or in the diaspora.
“The allegations arose out of the collaboration of criminal elements affected by the continuous mandatory binding of the national identification number to SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) cards to mobile networks.
David noted that they intended to thwart his clever attempts and programs to institutionalize a secure database aimed at addressing our country’s security challenges with an accurate database.
He added that the minister had launched pragmatic and proactive measures to curb the trends of digital dysfunction and insecure census system.
David also called on the international community to ignore this campaign of slander aimed at tarnishing the minister’s image.
He warned the actors to refrain from such malicious attacks on the minister in the interest of the nation.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z19
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 5, 2021)
- Day of the Midwife: Invest in midwives to save more lives — UNFPA
- Liquid Telecom unveils new identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies in Botswana as it establishes itself as the digital services partner of choice for African businesses
- Buhari salutes ex-NSC DG Al-Hassan Yakmut at 60
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Enugu State inaugurates board for universal health coverage
- Video Press Release: WHO Africa COVID-19 Online Briefing
- Singer Paul Okoye hits 1m subscribers on YouTube, receives gold plaque