Ramallah, May 13, 2022 At least, 13 Palestinians were injured on Friday during an exchange of fire between Palestinian militants and Israeli soldiers in Jenin refugee camp in northern West Bank, Palestinian medics and eyewitnesses said.
Jani Joukha, Director of Ibn Sina Hospital in the city of Jenin, told Xinhua that 13 Palestinians were injured by Israeli soldiers, including one in the severe condition who was receiving intensive medical treatment.
“The rest of the casualties were moderately injured,’’ he said.
He added that “the Israeli soldiers prevented the medical teams from getting into the refugee camp to evacuate the casualties and provide first aid to them.’’
On Friday, Palestinian eyewitnesses said an Israeli army force stormed the refugee camp and surrounded the home of Mahmoud al-Deb’ei, a Palestinian who was wanted by the Israeli security forces.
The eyewitnesses said that the soldiers called on the wanted Palestinian through loudspeakers to hand himself to the soldiers.
After al-Deb’ei refused, the soldiers opened fire at the house, broke into it, and arrested him, they added.
Israeli authorities had not given any comment on the incidents yet.
The Israeli media reported that the Israeli soldiers pulled out of the refugee camp after arresting al-Deb’ei.
An Israeli soldier was seriously injured and was taken by a helicopter to an Israeli hospital for treatment.
Ibrahim Milhem, the spokesman of the Palestinian government, called for activating international law by imposing sanctions on Israel and not allowing the perpetrators to escape from punishment.
“And work on providing international protection for the Palestinians.’’
Tension had been flaring in the West Bank after the killing of Al-Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh in Jenin on Wednesday. (
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco
- Community leader, 2 others docked for alleged intimidation
- Zamfara APC holds mini delegates conference
- Indonesia lifts palm oil export ban after protests
- Three Professors Win 2022 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Prize for Impactful Achievement in Islamic Economics
- CSO to support implementation of $700m W/Bank water project in Nigeria