The caucus, in a statement signed by its Leader, Rep. Kingsley Chinda (PDP-Rivers), said that Madam Abigail’s wise counsel to the governor would be missed dearly.
“The PDP caucus in the House of Representatives is joining other well-meaning citizens to commiserate with His Excellency and the people of Oyo State and to pray for mama’s soul to rest in God’s bossom,” Chinda said.
While praying for the repose of the soul of the deceased, the lawmakers urged the governor to take solace in the fact that her mother lived a life worthy of emulation.
They also commiserated with the governor over the killing of Isiaka Jimoh, Ganiyu Alabi and Adeoye Taiwo in the hands of security agents during the anti-SARS protests in the state.
The lawmakers, who lauded the governor’s decision to compensate the victims of the #EndSARS protest in the state, enjoined other governors to emulate Makinde’s kind gesture towards similar victims in their states.
They called on the police authorities to immediately commence the prosecution of security agents found culpable in the killings of defenceless Nigerians over the years.
“We want to see this commitment in practical terms. One week is a long time to make the culprits face the wrath of the law.
“It is our view that government must demonstrate its willingness to stop police brutality by arraigning those behind the murder of innocent Nigerians in court.
According to the caucus, in advanced societies, they should have been dismissed from the police force by now, even before bringing them to face justice over their brutal acts.
Edited By: Cecilia Ologunagba and
Source: NAN‘Wale Sadeeq
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3vz7
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)
- JUSUN, PASAN strike to end soon – FG
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 6, 2021)