Oyo Govt approves N6bn to remodel, reconstruct High Courts, Magistrates’ Court complexes
NNN: The Oyo State Executive Council on Wednesday approved the award of contract for the remodelling and restructuring of the Oyo State High Courts and Magistrates’ Court Complexes in Ibadan at the cost of N6.01 billion.
The Commissioner for Public Works and Transport, Prof. Daud Sangodoyin, made this known while briefing newsmen at the end of the weekly State Executive Council meeting in Ibadan.
Sangodoyin said, “The contract to be handled by the RTD Thompsons, will involve construction of an Amphitheatre and a Conference Theatre, also remodel all the court rooms at both courts and do some some external works in the two places.”
He said the contract, which would be executed through the Alternative Project Funding Approach (APFA, would be in two phases to be completed within 18 months.
The commissioner said that the council also approved N683 million for the reconstruction of the 2.27 kilometres Sijuade Road, Jericho.
He, however, said that the reconstruction would be through direct intervention from the State Ministry of Public Works and Transport, with eight months completion period.
Similarly, Mr Abiodun Oni, the Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, said that the executive council also approved the new waste management initiative to solve the problem of waste management in the state.
Oni said that the new waste management would be managed by Monttainai Recycling Africa and supervised by the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family